Google

Monday, October 15, 2007

Two weddings and a farewell...

Yup, that's what I'll be missing: Two weddings and a farewell.
I'm flying off to US tomorrow, to our office in San Jose. Will be there for ~2 weeks for a project.

While I'm there, I'll miss Soo Fung and Hock Aun's wedding in the first weekend and Yee Thung's wedding the second. From the very bottom of my heart, i wish both couples all the best.
Here's a poem to make up for me not being able to make it for your big day...

May a house of love be always yours,
May you heed each others’ wishes
May pleasures come in twos and fours
And quarrels end in kisses.

May your hearts be open with patience and love.
May your lives be filled with blessings from above.
May you always share the best that life can provide.
As you spend your lifetime together side by side.


Congratulations….

Another event that I'll miss will be Siah's farewell. Siah's leaving the company to pursue/expand his career in Singapore.

Siah had been one of the consistent member in our out-of-office activities such as the 'makan-makan' sessions, our spur of the moment trip to Cameron Highlands, the Langkawi Treasure Hunt, Penang World Music Festival, etc...

Siah's quiet demeanour, interlaced with his sudden outburst sometimes will be missed. I for one will remember his sudden outburst; accusing us of spending time shopping for local products while he was sweating it out in the hot hot car during the Langkawi Treasure Hunt. I'm sure Chiang Mei won't forget it either. :)

Anyway last Friday nite, Soo Sean, Chiang Mei, Wei Ye and myself hosted an 'early' farewell dinner for Siah in TGIF. We really had a good time. The food was great, but the company was even better. We had good laughs over almost everything. We even got the folks at TGIF to get together and gave Siah a boisterous farewell jingle. Siah obliged us and got up onto the chair and gave an impromptu heart-felt farewell speech.. sob sob....
(Soo Sean caught a video of it... i guess we will have a good laugh over it in time to come)

For all the fun and laughter we always had when the gang gets together, I guess i would probably miss the fella...

Here's wishing Siah all the very best in his new environment.
(And as I mentioned to Siah during the dinner, we hope he'll find a gang as fun as us in Singapore. Or he'll have to find jobs for all four of us in Singapore so that we can accompany him there... ha ha ha)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the poem, "...And quarrels end in kisses.." There will be no more fights between couples if it is true.

Sai Mun said...

Yes, wouldn't that be nice?

meigirl said...

hehe... you got it right. I will not forget the "dodol affair"... would be more willing to be blamed for buying Mars chocolate instead of the dodol. haih... I told Siah that his TGIF video is in youtube and he really went in to search. Soo Sean, should we disappoint him? :p