Google

Monday, December 24, 2007

Back In Ipoh for Christmas...

I'm back in Ipoh for the holidays... So far so good, doing the usual. Sleep late, have good food, etc.

As today was still a working day, I took advantage of it to get my passbook updated in CIMB Bank, Tasek. The last entry on my passbook is dated Feb2007. Ha ha.

Once done, I had my lunch at the famous Mee Rebus Ramli nearby. There was a huge lunch crowd and I had to wait a while for a table.
But I noticed one thing, despite the full house, I was the only non-Malay in the restaurant. Wonder why...

The Shop


The lunch crowd...


The famous Mee Rebus. Yummy!!!


Plates of Nasi Ayam waiting to be served


For those who have not tasted it before, give it a try. Highly recommended.
The tastes is quite similar to the usual mee rebus, but what sets it apart is the thick gravy. It tastes superb, with a strong hint of potatoes. I think they must have blended potatoes into the gravy to make so thick and tastes so good.

Another plus point is that although the lunch crowd was huge, the taste of the mee rebus is just as great. This differs very much from some of the laksa shops in Penang that i had the misfortune to try. The taste and thickness of the laska soup is in inverse proportion of the demand. For those not technically inclined, it means the soup gets diluted as demand outpaces supply laa.

I'll be meeting up with some old Carsem colleagues later tonite. Till then i will probably take a afternoon nap. :p

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to my boss!

Sai Mun said...

Merry Christmas to you too...