Google

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Hoan Hô Vietnam - Hurray Vietnam!!!

Turned on my TV just now, and managed to catch the last bits of Asian Idol on 8TV.
I glad I did, as the winner of Vietnam Idol, representing Vietnam of course, was about to perform her second song.

Boy, I must admit that I was smitten by her looks and her sweet sweet smile. :p

Phuong Vy (that's her name) performed a simple Vietnamese song that really suited her demeanour. She catches her audience (at least the male population), every time she shows how sweet her smile is, with a suggestively flirtatious look in her eyes.

But I guess I do agree with the comment of one of the judges that she was a sweet girl performing a sweet song. But the song was not really what one would expect in a competition whereby contestants have to shine through their competitors, showing off their voice and showmanship. So, would Ms. Phuong Vy win the title of Asian Idol? We'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out.

Here's the Phuong Vy's performance from YouTube (catch the second song...):



I found another of her performance on YouTube as well... It's one of the song she sang at the final of Vietnam Idol:




How did our Malaysian Idol Jaclyn Victor do? (Thankfully someone had the infinite wisdom of not sending Daniel as the rep.) IMHO, not one of Jaclyn's better performances. I guess she must have performed here namesake song 'Gemilang' so many times that the boredom and jadedness just shows in her performance.
Her voice was just as powerful, but the performance seemed too routine and lacks excitement...




So, who would I be cheering for???
Do you really need to ask? ;)

No comments: