Google

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Back To Training....

I have finally signed up for the Penang Bridge Run that will be held on Nov-16. This had always been something that I had wanted to do ever since i relocated here. Well, at long last I've made a firm commitment to it only in my 7th year here. {Has it really been that long????}

Anyway, since the organizers operated a registration counter right in QueensBay Mall, it was pretty convenient. Sign up to race while you shop. :)

I had a chat with the man operating the counter, and apparently the response has not been very good. So far, only about 4000 folks have signed up. The organizers are targeting to get 10,000 participants. So for those who have not signed up yet, please hurry up. For those who have, pls pass the word around.

Yesterday evening, I had sort of a 'trial' run of what my fitness level is now. Especially since i have not been very active in the past 2 months. Well, lets just say that i have lots and lots of training to go to get my fitness level up many many times over to tackle the 25km run.

I've never been a runner, and has never been keen on it. I'm more into a 'slow and steady, endurance' kind of sports like hiking, swimming (leisurely) and walking. Yesterday, I managed to walk briskly 5 times round the field near my place with not much effort. But after running just one round, my heart was already pounding. Lot of training to do....

Too bad they don't have a Penang Bridge Walkathon or something like that.

No comments: