Google

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Taking Stock

2008 will be coming to an end in a few hours.

While the passing of the year would probably be apathetic for me, I I can't help but feel a strong sense of achievement in reflecting the past year.

For one, I had many 'firsts' in 2008 as far as outdoor activities are concerned. I've managed to take part and complete two Penang Hill hiking competitions, the half marathon in the Penang Bridge Run, Starwalk, and not to mention my adventures in Mulu and Bario.

Secondly, 2008 is also the year that I took an active role in exercising political/citizen responsibility. I enjoyed the political rallies that I attended. But most important of all (and probably the most embarrassing as well), I voted for the first time! And without any regret on the outcome. Ha ha ha...

Re-doing the furniture setting in my apartment is also something that I'm very happy with. It feels much cozier now. All the trouble and hassle in lugging the furniture shelves, chairs and table from IKEA was worth the effort.

2008 also marked the start of a private endeavour that I've embarked on. 'Private' because it is something that I'd like to keep a low profile on. While it is sucking a lot of my time and is quite a heavy financial burden, I'm actually enjoying it (at least most of the time). But on the other hand, I can't wait for it to be over and done with either. Contradictory? Maybe.... :)

One more thing that I'm happy and grateful for is getting back in touch with a bunch of old friends both from school and uni (thanks primarily to Facebook), and also in making new friends over the year.

So, what's next for 2009?

While it is not a new year resolution, here's a list of items that I hope to accomplish in the coming year...

1) Keep up with the outdoor activities, and to pick up mountain biking.

2) Make good progress in my 'private endeavour' :)

3) To put more effort and start the activities rolling on my house.

4) Upgrade my photography skills and get some more serious gears.

5) Continue to embark on more adventures (maybe to finally make my trip to Cambodia???)

6) Sustain and improve my physical, mental, emotional, social and career health. (Seems like a very weighty sentence, right???)

7) And... to continue updating this blog!



Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

soo sean said...

Happy New Year! Expected this post as I recall reading something similiar last year! :)

Unknown said...

happy cny sai mun!!

Unknown said...

good luck sai mun...